Onboarding & frames
A new, more efficient onboarding, and more ways to embed frames.
This version was released on March 22, 2023.
We've been busy cooking up fresh things in the app! There are new Figma frame improvements, and we have overhauled our onboarding flow to help new users settle in quicker. Check out all the new additions and changes in our latest release below, and don't forget to let us know what you think.
You can now embed Figma frames into Image and Shortcut blocks.
When looking through our user feedback, we noticed that when it comes to embedding images into your docs, you prefer using a Figma frame rather than an actual image file.
So, we're now supporting Figma frames in image and shortcut blocks! Don't worry, these blocks still support standard images. Frames are added as a link, which means that whenever the frame is updated in your Figma file, it's also updated in your blocks.
The image block now has Upload image and Add Figma frame buttons:
The shortcut block now has Upload and Figma button when hovering on it:
In case you change your mind and want to use an image instead of the frame (or vice versa), you can easily switch between them by selecting Replace with image or Replace with Figma frame.
Welcome aboard! We've reworked the initial onboarding. New joiners will now see only two screens during onboarding, to save precious time and keep everything in one place:
- Every workspace with a paid subscription will now receive an auto-renewal notice email before the end of their billing period.
- All settings pages, such as workspace, design system and documentation settings, have sticky headers.
- We've updated some error messages, so they're easier to understand and more helpful.
- We've added lazy loading for the Asset, Frame, and Shortcut blocks. This add means improved performance and no longer limiting the preview of assets and frames to the first 20 items.
- The saving indicator in the documentation editor is moved into the left menu:
- We fixed the issue where the import dialog cut out in certain cases.
- The saving indicator in documentation settings no longer gets stuck in an infinite Saving mode if you're having network issues.
- Frames no longer have a grey background by default.
- While moving through a multiline text field with up/down arrows, the cursor moves directly upwards and downwards correctly.
Frame embedding into image and shortcut blocks is just the beginning. In upcoming releases, we'll also allow you to embed frames into more blocks and your page headers!
That's it for this release, and we'll be back with more soon. As always, if you'd like to see something new, fixed, or improved, join our Discord community — we're always there. You can also request a feature via our Feature Request Portal. Thanks for your support!